Conditions of Service
All work is undertaken in accordance with our conditions of service.
All work carried out by BITS International is in accordance with these conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- In the absence of written instructions to the contrary the work will be translated for information and understanding only, which is of a high enough standard for use in general.
- Should a client wish to use a translation for a purpose other than that for which it was originally supplied, the client shall obtain confirmation from BITS that the translation is suitable for the intended new purpose. BITS reserves the right to amend and adapt the previously supplied translation, if necessary, for the new purpose and for which a further amount will be charged. No liability will be accepted for any translation used for a purpose not disclosed to BITS at the time of submission of work for translation. The client shall indemnify BITS against any loss in goodwill or otherwise arising from a use of the translation, which is not to the purpose for which it was originally supplied.
- Whilst BITS undertakes to make every effort possible to produce an accurate and idiomatic translation of the client’s original text, a translation may read differently from original writing. It is essential that material required for advertising or promotional purposes or any purpose involving the client’s reputation leading or not to a direct or indirect loss of revenue is checked by the client’s agent, affiliate or representative in the target state or country. No liability will be accepted by BITS for any lack of advertising or sales impact or loss resulting therefrom.
- BITS shall not be under any obligation to correct or indicate errors in the source language.
- Verbal quotations are for guidance only. They are not binding unless confirmed in writing. Written quotations remain valid for 30 days after dispatch. The cost of a translation is based on the number of words in either the original or the translated text, or as per our quotation.
- Work cancelled or postponed prior to completion shall be chargeable in accordance with any quotation or, if none, then in accordance with BITS’ scale of charges together with all costs and disbursements incurred by BITS on behalf of the client.
- Payment conditions are as decided at the beginning of the work.
- If, because of circumstances beyond its control, BITS is unable to complete any contract, payments shall be made by the client for the work done. No liability shall fall on BITS for failure to complete the contract.
- All documents are sent to BITS and handled by BITS at the client’s risk. BITS accepts no liability for the loss of or damage to documents or for any consequential loss or damage. Delivery of a translation shall be deemed to be on the date of posting or delivery to a carrier as the case may be.
- BITS will complete translations with reasonable speed, but dates or periods given for completion of work are an estimate for guidance only and, unless agreed in writing, not binding on BITS. Liability for the failure by BITS to meet a deadline previously agreed by them in writing shall be limited to the cost of translation and shall not extend to cover any consequential loss.
- No liability whatsoever shall be incurred by BITS for errors in any translation required by a date which precludes proper checking and editing.
- The client warrants that they are the copyright owner of the material submitted for translation or they are licensed by the copyright owner to obtain a translation and will indemnify BITS, its servants and agents against liability for infringement of copyright patent or design or any other third party claim.
- All disputes between BITS and the client shall be subject to the jurisdiction of Indian law and shall have jurisdiction only in the Courts of Mumbai, India.